[LUG.ro] msn

Fernando Scandolo (D`arcy) lugro@lugro.org.ar
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:41:05 -0300

  Bueno, recien probe con gaim 0.71 para win32 y entro sin problemas. Quizas
este post de slashdot aclare un poco las cosas:

Gaim works
by L.Schierer (23008) on Thursday October 16, @08:16AM (#7228181)
As a gaim developer, I am rather annoyed that this has been posted to /. in
its current form, as it will just generate huge amounts of needless traffic.
MSN did not block all 3rd party clients, they just restricted access to the
server to clients using msn protocol version 9. Gaim 0.70 or 0.71 (the
current release) compiled with ssl support (provided by the gnutls or the
combination of nss and nspr) will connect sucessfully to msn. There is
however some trouble with our current proxy support that users are confusing
with being blocked.

Next time you might try actually connecting with a recent version of gaim or
at least visiting our website before assuming we are blocked.