[LUG.ro] Re: [LUG.ro] Re: Instalacón de Red Hat 7(Horacio Castellini)

Horacio Castellini lugro@lugro.org.ar
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:27:28 -0300 (ART)

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 jechevarria@frro.utn.edu.ar wrote:

> Horacio me sirvio tu respuesta, pero lo que no me funcionó fue el rdev.

Pues debes usar una imagen genérica que no requiera el uso de
initrd.img-2.4.18-1-686 por ejemplo... Como hacer esto en los nucleos 2.4
y 2.6 ya no sé pues hace tiempo que uso nucleos precompilados....

> Probe como vos lo escribiste y no anduvo, entonces probe desde el directorio
> boot donde esta vmlinuz y el comando se ejecuta, pero no hace nada, retorna
> de inmediato. Además no hizo nada porque el disco no bootea.
>
> ¿Tenes alguna idea de que pudo haber pasado?

Si esto es falla en la aplicación del comando rdev que crea un disco
booteable...

> ¿ Que es lo que hace el comando rdev ?

NAME
       rdev  -  query/set  image  root  device, RAM disk size, or
       video mode

SYNOPSIS
       rdev [ -rvh ] [ -o offset ] [ image [ value [ offset ] ] ]
       rdev [ -o offset ] [ image [ root_device [ offset ] ] ]
       ramsize [ -o offset ] [ image [ size [ offset ] ] ]
       vidmode [ -o offset ] [ image [ mode [ offset ] ] ]
       rootflags [ -o offset ] [ image [ flags [ offset ] ] ]

DESCRIPTION
       With no arguments, rdev outputs an /etc/mtab line for  the
       current  root  file  system.   With no arguments, ramsize,
       vidmode, and rootflags print usage information.

       In a bootable image for the Linux kernel  on  i386,  there
       are  several pairs of bytes which specify the root device,
       the video mode, and the size of the RAM disk.  These pairs
       of bytes, by default, begin at offset 504 (decimal) in the
       kernel image:
               498 Root flags
              (500 and 502 Reserved)
               504 RAM Disk Size
               506 VGA Mode
               508 Root Device
              (510 Boot Signature)

       rdev will change these values.

       Typical  values  for  the  image  parameter,  which  is  a
       bootable Linux kernel image, might be:

              /vmlinux
              /vmunix
              /boot/bzImage-2.4.0
              /dev/fd0
              /dev/fd1

       When  using  the  rdev  command, the root_device parameter
       might be something like:
              /dev/hda1
              /dev/hdf13
              /dev/sda2
              /dev/sdc4
              /dev/ida/c0d0p1

       One may also specify the device by a comma-separated  pair
       of decimal integers major,minor.

       For  the ramsize command, the size parameter specifies the
       size of the RAM disk in kilobytes.

       For the rootflags command, the  flags  parameter  contains
       extra  information used when mounting root.  Currently the
       only effect of these flags is to force the kernel to mount
       the root filesystem in readonly mode if flags is non-zero.

       For the vidmode command, the mode parameter specifies  the
       video mode:

              -3 = Prompt
              -2 = Extended VGA
              -1 = Normal VGA
               0 = as if "0" was pressed at the prompt
               1 = as if "1" was pressed at the prompt
               2 = as if "2" was pressed at the prompt
               n = as if "n" was pressed at the prompt

       If  the value is not specified, the image will be examined
       to determine the current settings.

OPTIONS
       -r     Causes rdev to act like ramsize.

       -R     Causes rdev to act like rootflags.

       -v     Causes rdev to act like vidmode.

       -h     Provides help.

D'accorde Monsieur.... ;)