[LUG.ro] Fwd: International Day Against DRM is here!

LeandroAC leandroac en gmail.com
Mar Mayo 6 19:39:30 ART 2014

Fyi
---------- Mensaje reenviado ----------
De: "Zak Rogoff" <info en fsf.org>
Fecha: 06/05/2014 19:34
Asunto: International Day Against DRM is here!
Para: "Leandro"

> Dear Leandro,
>
> This is a message from our Defective by Design campaign which focuses
specifically on they key free software issue of Digital Restrictions
Management (DRM). We only cross-post from the Defective by Design campaign
for special occassions like this, so join the campaign's email list if
you'd like to be part of year-round activism against DRM.

> Though it isn't often discussed in the news, who controls digital media
is an important question of our time. Powerful entertainment and technology
companies use Digital Restrictions Management to restrict our use of it. We
organize and build tools to protect our access to it. Our opponents are
strong enough to have the government on their side in most countries, but
when we come together, we are strong too.

> Today we come together for the eighth International Day Against DRM, to
insist on a future without restrictions on our media. This is the largest
anti-DRM event in the world, and it's growing. Head over to
DayAgainstDRM.org to take action against DRM with events, petitions and
more, then meet the anti-DRM community and enjoy sales on DRM-free media.

> In addition to individuals taking action through DayAgainstDRM.org, nine
organizations have let Defective by Design know they are participating. See
a full list, including community groups, activist organizations and media
stores, on the Web site. We expect more to join throughout the day.

> If you have a microblog account, make sure to let your followers know
today that you care about ending DRM. Post with the hashtag #DayAgainstDRM
and link to DayAgainstDRM.org.

> Happy International Day Against DRM, and good luck with whatever action
you take. I hope to see you at one of the actions today, on the
DRM-elimination crew discussion list or the #dbd IRC channel on Freenode.

> Zak Rogoff
> Campaigns Manager
>
> PS: If you don't have time to do anything, you can donate to Defective by
Design, to keep us organizing the Day and make it even better next year.

https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/international-day-against-drm-is-here.

> --
>
> Follow us on GNU social | Subscribe to our blogs via RSS | Join us as an
associate member

> Sent from the Free Software Foundation,
>
> 51 Franklin Street
> Fifth Floor
> Boston, Massachusetts 02110-1335
> United States
>
> Unsubscribe from this mailing list.
>
> Stop all email from the Free Software Foundation, including Defective by
Design, and the Free Software Supporter newsletter.